If you want to perform Umrah and visit the Prophet Mosque during travel to the USA, UK or Schengen Countries, you have a great opportunity to get a STOPOVER Transit visa on arrival in Saudi Arabia. In this stopover transit visa program, you will be given a visa on arrival for 96 hours in which you can perform Umrah, visit prophet Rawda, and visit historical places in Saudi arabia. To help you to get this STOPOVER Transit visa on arrival, SAUDIA Airlines and Flynas are the authorized Airlines. They are offering Stopover Transit Visa services, offering you the convenience of booking your flight seamlessly through their digital platforms. With this program, you can enjoy a stopover of up to 96 hours, including a complimentary one-day stay.
What is a STOPOVER Transit Visa?
A Transit/Stopover Visa is a type of visa that allows travelers to make a brief stop or layover in a country while en route to their final destination. This visa is typically used when passengers have connecting flights that require them to pass through a country’s airport before continuing their journey to another international destination.
The key features of a Transit/Stopover Visa are:
Short Stay: It grants travelers a short stay in the country, often ranging from a few hours to a few days. The exact duration depends on the country’s regulations and the purpose of the stopover.
No Intention to Enter: Travelers with a Transit/Stopover Visa are generally not permitted to leave the international transit area of the airport or the specified transit location. The primary purpose of this visa is to allow for a connecting flight rather than entering the country.
Varied Types: Transit/Stopover Visas come in different types, including airside transit visas (for staying within the airport), landside transit visas (for brief exits from the airport), and stopover visas (for spending a short period outside the airport to explore the country).
Specific Eligibility and Requirements: Each country has its own eligibility criteria and requirements for obtaining a Transit/Stopover Visa. These may include having a confirmed onward ticket, meeting health and security checks, and adhering to specific time limitations.
Purpose: The purpose of a Transit/Stopover Visa can vary. It may be for connecting flights, attending conferences, engaging in tourism during a layover, or any other legitimate reason for a short stay.
Travelers should always check the visa requirements of the country they will be transiting through and plan accordingly to ensure a smooth and hassle-free journey. Failure to obtain the necessary Transit/Stopover Visa when required can result in denied entry or missed connecting flights.
At a Glance of STOPOVER Transit Visa
A transit/stopover visa allows people passing through Saudi to enter the country for a variety of reasons, including to perform Umrah, visit the Prophet’s Mosque, and attend tourism events.
Saudi Airlines – Book Now
Receive a free transit/stopover visa and complimentary one-night hotel stay when you book with Saudia Airlines. Your visa will be created automatically and emailed to you upon booking and approval.
- Transit/Stopover Visa Price: Free
- Accommodation: One complimentary night in a hotel
- Application Fee: None
- Medical Insurance Fees: Covered
- Entry: Single entry
- Validity: Three months for a stay of up to 96 hours
Flynas – Book Now
Receive a free transit/stopover visa when you book with Flynas.
- Transit/Stopover Visa Price: Free
- Application Fee: Roughly SAR 39.50 (about USD 10.50)
- Medical Insurance Fees: Depends on the country of origin
- Entry: Single entry
- Validity: Valid for three months for a stay of up to 96 hours
Validity of Saudi Arabia STOPOVER Transit Visa through Nusuk
With this STOPOVER Transit Visa program, you can enjoy a stopover of up to 96 hours, including a complimentary one-day stay. During your stopover, you’ll have the opportunity to embark on a spiritual journey with Umrah, explore sacred sites, visit historical and tourist attractions, and partake in a range of other captivating activities.
Steps to book a Stopover Transit visa with SAUDIA Airlines
Here are the detailed steps to book a stopover visa with SAUDIA:
- Begin by selecting your international departure and arrival destinations.
- Choose the flights that offer the most suitable connection time for your stopover, with a maximum duration of up to 96 hours.
- If you don’t possess a valid document for entry into Saudi Arabia, visit the SAUDIA website and apply for a stopover visa through the additional services page.
- Before you start filling out the visa application form, ensure that you have your personal photos ready on your device, adhering to the specified requirements (200 * 200px file size, 20kb).
- Complete the payment for both the ticket and the visa in a single step through the SAUDIA website.
- After successfully following the previous steps, you will receive an email containing your issued visa and details of the insurance coverage for the duration of your stay in Saudi Arabia.
Conditions for Eligibility for Complimentary Accommodation:
- After confirming your payment, you can apply for a one-day free stay by clicking on the SAUDIA holidays banner on the reservation confirmation page, through the “Manage My Booking” SAUDIA Holiday banner, or on the SAUDIA Holidays website.
- The complimentary one-night package can be used once within the same booking reference, either on your outbound or return flight.
- Please note that you must book the free one-night package at least 48 hours before your scheduled departure time to ensure proper processing. It’s not possible to arrange the package if there are less than 48 hours remaining until your flight departure.
- Upon arrival at the hotel, present your boarding pass to the hotel receptionist to avail of the free accommodation offer.
- Hotel reservations are subject to availability at the time of booking. In the event that a reservation is not available, you can submit a request through the form on the website.
- Any changes or refunds to reservations will be governed by the policies of the selected hotel.
Electronic Stopover Transit Visa
- The electronic stopover transit visa is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- It grants a residence period of 96 hours and remains valid for 90 days from the date of issuance, although these periods may be subject to change in accordance with the regulations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Saudi Arabia.
- The stopover visa cannot be extended.
- Each visa allows for one stopover within a single booking.
- Visa fees, electronic service fees, medical fees, and insurance fees are calculated in accordance with the visa regulations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Obtaining the electronic stopover visa does not guarantee entry into Saudi Arabia, as the documents will be reviewed by passport officers to verify the accuracy of the submitted information.
Conditions for Granting an Electronic Transit Visa
To be eligible for an electronic transit visa, you must meet the following conditions:
- Possess a recognized passport with no restrictions or conditions, valid for at least six months (taking into account any bilateral agreements between the Kingdom and other countries regarding passport validity).
- Hold a confirmed travel ticket to your intended destination and have the necessary entry visa or residence permit, unless you are a citizen of that country or are exempt from obtaining a visa.
Terms and Conditions to Obtain STOPOVER Transit Visa through Saudia
- Ensure that the visa received via email is printed and presented upon entering Saudi Arabia.
- A stopover visa is not applicable if the guest already holds a valid visa or documents permitting entry into Saudi Arabia.
- If you choose not to travel, you can cancel the visa, but there will be no refund for any visa fees after issuance, following all Saudi Airlines’ terms and conditions for airline tickets.
- You may apply for another visa immediately after canceling the current one for any reason.
- Applicants under the age of eighteen must be included in the visa applicant’s application, as individuals in this age group are not allowed to apply separately.
- If an application is rejected for one of the applicants, all individuals associated with the same application will also be rejected.
- The price displayed after approval of the request includes all service-related fees, including insurance charges.
- Passengers will not be accepted at the originating station if they have not completed the travel requirements for their final destination.
- If a stopover passenger is not accepted at the transportation station, the passenger is responsible for the cost of returning to the origin station at their own expense.
- It is the traveler’s responsibility to ensure the validity of travel documents, visa status, layover duration, health requirements, and attendance for the flight before the departure time. Any changes to the reservation after visa and ticket issuance are also the traveler’s responsibility.
- Passengers should have a confirmed PNR (Passenger Name Record) for the final destination, as SAUDIA does not accept separate PNRs.
- If the transit duration does not exceed 24 hours, passengers must print their boarding pass and baggage tags at the origin station.
Stopover Transit Visa with Flynas
Obtaining a transit/stopover visa is accessible to all travelers. If you are passing through Saudi Arabia en route to another destination and your flight is with Saudia or Flynas, you may be eligible for special offers. Travelers flying with other carriers should apply for a standard transit/stopover visa, which typically takes about three minutes to complete. Once your flights are booked and payment is confirmed, you can apply for the transit/stopover visa, which will be promptly emailed to you.
It’s important to note that while the transit/stopover visa itself is free, there may be administrative and medical insurance fees associated with it. You have the flexibility to apply for this visa up to 90 days before your intended travel date. The transit/stopover visa allows for a stay of 96 hours upon your arrival in Saudi Arabia.
For travelers interested in performing Umrah during their stopover in Saudi, an application can be made through Nusuk.sa.
However, please be aware that the transit/stopover visa cannot be used for Hajj travel. It’s worth noting that you can also apply for the transit/stopover visa if you plan to visit Saudi Arabia en route to your final destination, as long as your stay in Saudi does not exceed 96 hours.
Steps to book a Stopover Transit visa with Flynas Airlines
Flynas passengers have the convenience of electronically applying for a Stopover visa through the airline’s website. Once submitted, the Stopover visa application is seamlessly transferred to the unified national visa platform at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for swift processing. Within a maximum of 4 hours, the electronic visa is issued and promptly delivered to the beneficiary via email.
Here are the steps to book a Stopover Transit visa with flynas, similar to the process with Saudi Airlines:
Choose Your Flights: Begin by selecting your international departure and arrival destinations when booking your flights with flynas.
Select Convenient Connection: Opt for flights that offer suitable connection times for your stopover, with a maximum duration of up to 96 hours.
Visa Application: If you don’t already have a valid document to enter Saudi Arabia, you can apply for a Stopover Transit visa directly through the flynas website.
Prepare Required Photos: Before starting the visa application process, make sure you have your personal photos ready on your device, following the specified requirements (typically 200 * 200px file size, 20kb).
Payment: Complete the payment for both your flight ticket and the transit visa in one transaction via the flynas website.
Receive Visa via Email: After successfully completing the previous steps, you will receive an email containing your issued transit visa. This email will also include information about any insurance coverage you have during your stay in Saudi Arabia.
These steps will guide you through the process of booking a Stopover Transit visa with flynas, allowing you to enjoy a brief stay in Saudi Arabia during your journey.
Terms and Conditions for Obtaining a STOPOVER Transit Visa through flynas
- Visa Presentation: Ensure that the visa received via email is printed and presented upon entering Saudi Arabia.
- Valid Existing Visas: A stopover visa is not applicable if the guest already possesses a valid visa or documents that permit entry into Saudi Arabia.
- Cancellation and Refunds: If you choose not to travel, you can cancel the visa, but please note that there will be no refund for any visa fees after issuance, in accordance with the terms and conditions of flynas for airline tickets.
- Immediate Reapplication: You have the option to apply for another visa immediately after canceling the current one, for any reason.
- Applicants Under Eighteen: Applicants under the age of eighteen must be included in the visa applicant’s application, as individuals in this age group are not allowed to apply separately.
- Application Rejection: If an application is rejected for one of the applicants, all individuals associated with the same application will also be rejected.
- Inclusive Pricing: The price displayed after approval of the request includes all service-related fees, including insurance charges.
- Travel Requirements: Passengers will not be accepted at the originating station if they have not fulfilled the travel requirements for their final destination.
- Return Expenses: If a stopover passenger is not accepted at the transportation station, the passenger is responsible for the cost of returning to the origin station at their own expense.
- Confirmed PNR: Passengers should have a confirmed Passenger Name Record (PNR) for their final destination, as flynas does not accept separate PNRs.
- Short Transit Duration: If the transit duration does not exceed 24 hours, passengers must print their boarding pass and baggage tags at the origin station.
In conclusion, booking a Stopover Transit Visa to perform Umrah in Saudi Arabia involves a straightforward process that offers travelers a unique opportunity to combine religious pilgrimage with international travel. Whether through Saudi Airlines or flynas, the steps generally include selecting suitable flights, applying for the visa, and ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions set forth by the airline and the Saudi authorities.
This convenient option not only allows for a spiritual journey but also presents the chance to explore the rich culture and heritage of Saudi Arabia during a brief stopover. By following the established procedures and guidelines, travelers can make the most of their transit in Saudi Arabia and embark on a meaningful and fulfilling Umrah experience.
People Reviews on Saudi Stopover Transit Visa On Arrival
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review by Jetsetter123: “The Saudi Stopover Transit Visa On Arrival is a game-changer! I had an amazing layover in Riyadh and got to explore the city hassle-free. 5 stars!”
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review by WorldExplorer22: “I was pleasantly surprised by the efficiency of the Saudi transit visa process. A quick stopover in Jeddah allowed me to experience a slice of Saudi Arabia. Highly recommended!”
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review by NomadTraveler55: “Saudi Arabia’s transit visa made my long layover in Dammam enjoyable. No more boring airport terminals for me! 5 stars for this convenient option.”
- ⭐⭐⭐ Review by FrequentFlyer777: “While the transit visa is a good idea, the process could be smoother. Waiting times were longer than expected. Still, it’s a step in the right direction for Saudi Arabia.”
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review by LayoverAdventures: “I had a pleasant stopover in Medina thanks to the transit visa. It’s a decent option to break up long flights and explore a new city. 4 stars from me!”
Must Read: Malaysia Digital Nomad Visa 2023